Go to Main Content




Detailed Award Information


Transparent Image

Use this guide to find all the scholarships, bursaries, awards, prizes, fellowships and medals available to TRU students. Most funds are provided by donors who believe in helping TRU students, and through the ongoing work of the TRU Foundation. Click on individual award names for complete award information and application details.

Apply for most of the awards in this guide using the General Bursary & Awards Application found in your myTRU account, under the Student Resources tab, and the Student Awards channel/box.

More than 90% of the awards are either applied for using the General Bursary & Awards application in Fall, or you are automatically considered for the award based on faculty selection, GPA or other information in your student file. For the remaining <10%, which are called Conditional Awards, you must complete the Conditional Award Application Appendix in the Fall in addition to the General Application, in order to tell us which awards you qualify for and why.

NOTE: Most awards are only available and open for application once per year.

All information provided in this guide is subject to change.

Award Detail Information
Name: Christie Cole Memorial Bursary
Description: Awarded annually to a mature, female, single parent enrolled at TRU after an absence of a minimum 3 years away from educational studies. Preference to an immigrant living in the Kamloops community. Student must be enrolled full-time in either an academic or trades program. Student must demonstrate financial need.
Type: Bursary
Selection Process: Selected by a committee convened by the TRU Awards Office.
Application Method: myTRU portal In-Course applications
Apply To: Awards Office - Online (myTRU)
Accept Applications?: Yes
Application Requires Additional Documentation?: No
Applications Accepted: Aug 20, 2022 to Sep 30, 2022
Code: 0284

Applies to Faculties / Schools
Faculty / School Name
No College Designated

Transparent Image
Skip to top of page
Release: 9.1.2